tips and suggestions
Call Today for a FREE Estimate
✓ Be sure to label all boxes accordingly to where they will be placed at the unload destination.
✓ Anything that you plan on moving yourself should be set aside so we do not take it mistakenly.
✓ Items to move yourself – any valuables, jewelry, money, prescription medicine, alcohol, firearms, etc.
✓ Please be aware, by law, we are unable to transport any hazardous materials in our trucks, i.e. cleaning supplies, propane tanks, gasoline or anything flammable.
✓ All fragile items should be packed securely with extra care. Items like dishes and glassware should be packed using wrapping paper or bubble wrap to ensure a safe delivery.
✓ If you have any pets or small children, please make sure they are secured safely. Pets and children could during the move with a door frequently open. Also, it creates a safer workspace if the movers do not have to worry about running into or tripping over anything.
✓ Wait to pack your cleaning supplies (broom, dust cloth, mop, etc.) until you’ve done your last cleanup—especially if you have a security deposit. Don’t forget to clean your stove and defrost the fridge!
✓ Clean out closets, the attic, and the basement as soon as you decide it’s time to move
✓ Prepare an essential ‘grab bag.’ Fill a bag of items you may need in the next 72 hours, i.e. toothbrush, chargers, etc.
✓ Consider unplugging and unhooking appliances prior to the move. It is a good idea to turn off the water when unhooking appliances. Refrigerators and freezers should be emptied and thawed out 24-48 hours before move. We are not plumbers so please unhook your appliances.
Check Out Our Google Reviews!
A Month in advance:
• Schedule your move as far in advance as you can
• Clean out storage spaces
• Discard unwanted items- WE OFFER JUNK REMOVAL PRIOR TO MOVE IF NEEDED
• Try to donate unwanted items
• Use up frozen and refrigerated items
• Begin packing items you don’t use regularly
A week in advance:
• Drain Fluids from lawnmowers and other equipment being moved
• Prepare a personal essential items bag for yourself that includes Linens, toiletries, medications, clothing
• Contact utility companies to make sure to disconnect and reconnect utilities
• Notify post office
The Day before the move:
• Make sure everything is packed and boxes are closed and stackable
• Make sure all boxes and bins are labeled
• Confirm utility connections
• Clean if needed
• Check to make sure loose items were not left behind