MOving tips and suggestions
The more prepared and organized your miscellaneous items are, the more efficient the moving process will be. In turn, this will save you time, money and frustration.
✓ Items that will not fit into a box will be padded and wrapped to protect them during transportation.
✓ Be sure to label all boxes accordingly to where they will be placed at the unload destination.
✓ Anything that you plan on moving yourself should be set aside so we do not take it mistakenly.
✓ Items to move yourself - any valuables, jewelry, money, prescription medicine, alcohol, firearms, etc.
✓ Please be aware, by law, we are unable to transport any hazardous materials in our trucks, i.e. cleaning supplies, propane tanks, gasoline or anything flammable.
✓ All fragile items should be packed securely with extra care. Items like dishes and glassware should be packed using wrapping paper or bubble wrap to ensure a safe delivery.
✓ If you have any pets or small children, please make sure they are secured safely. Pets and children could during the move with a door frequently open. Also, it creates a safer workspace if the movers do not have to worry about running into or tripping over anything.
✓ Wait to pack your cleaning supplies (broom, dust cloth, mop, etc.) until you’ve done your last cleanup—especially if you have a security deposit. Don’t forget to clean your stove and defrost the fridge!
✓ Clean out closets, the attic, and the basement as soon as you decide it’s time to move
✓ Prepare an essential ‘grab bag.’ Fill a bag of items you may need in the next 72 hours, i.e. toothbrush, chargers, etc.
✓ Consider unplugging and unhooking appliances prior to the move. It is a good idea to turn off the water when unhooking appliances. Refrigerators and freezers should be emptied and thawed out 24-48 hours before move. We are not plumbers so please unhook your appliances.
OTHER GREAT THINGS TO CONSIDER:
A Month in advance:
• Schedule your move as far in advance as you can
• Clean out storage spaces
• Discard unwanted items- WE OFFER JUNK REMOVAL PRIOR TO MOVE IF NEEDED
• Try to donate unwanted items
• Use up frozen and refrigerated items
• Begin packing items you don’t use regularly
A week in advance:
• Drain Fluids from lawn mowers and other equipment being moved
• Prepare a personal essential items bag for yourself that includes Linens, toiletries, medications, clothing
• Contact utility companies to make sure to disconnect and reconnect utilities
• Notify post office
The Day before the move:
• Make sure everything is packed and boxes are closed and stackable
• Make sure all boxes and bins are labeled
• Confirm utility connections
• Clean if needed
• Check to make sure loose items were not left beind
We are here to make your moving experience as simple and stress-free as possible. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time with questions/concerns: 484-473-4605
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND OTHER TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MOVING CLICK ON THE LINK: